Use what you have decorating is easy and very economical and smart! The biggest thing holding us back is ourselves! We sometimes need to think out of the box a little and be willing to take a chance and learn something new.
2. First of all it is most important to know which things in your home will look great used in new and fresh ways and which items won’t. This will be different for each of us.
3. Here’s a rule of thumb from the Pros, the larger the item and the more of a focal point it is the harder it is to use if it is outdated or worn out. If it doesn’t fit into the style you’re after, get rid of it or move it to a new place where it can be centerstage.
4. Paint is my “magic” of choice when it comes to updating and refreshing decor in my home I want to give a new life to! A chair, clocks, a table, a pillow (yup!), legs of soft furnishings, curtains, buffets, garden stools, mirrors, coat racks, and more!
5. How about taking a piece of furniture or an accent from one room to another? I do this a lot! Especially with accent tables and chairs. I did this method with some lamps I have had for a while, my husband commented on the new lamps – I said “no, we have had them for over ten years, they’re just in a new HOME”.
Spruce up your home for free with these easy redesign ideas.
1. TURN A STOOL INTO A SIDE TABLE. – Repurpose a seat into a handy stand, perfect for pulling up alongside a sofa or easy chair. Try one on its own, or cluster a few (even varied heights work). And remember less is more!
2. CHANGE YOUR CHAIRS. – Matching dining sets can feel humdrum over time. Trade a couple of seats from the kitchen with ones in the dining room.
3. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OPEN SHELVES. – Pull out your pretty pitchers or patterned plates and arrange them to be admired.
4. REARRANGE LAMPS AND SHADES. – Swap a bedside lamp with one from your desk or the living room, or simply switch the shades for a different look.
5. REDO A WHOLE ROOM. – Play around with your furniture configuration—reposition a sofa, rotate a rug, or try dividing the room with an open-backed bookcase or storage unit.
6. THINK CREATIVELY. – Use a glass jar as a vase, group ottomans as a coffee table, or try a pretty basket to hold a plain planter.
7. RE-STYLE YOUR BOOKSHELF. – Since messy shelves can make an entire room look disorganized, pretty yours up.
9. BRING OUTDOOR FURNISHINGS INSIDE. – Wicker, wrought iron and decorative aluminum furniture can create a garden-, coastal-, beach- or cottage-themed space inside.
10. ARRANGE UNIQUE TABLESCAPES. – Design mini-vignettes on tables, mantels, or buffets with keepsakes, from china to figurines. “There’s no point in keeping interesting items if no one ever sees them.
Redesign is the art of using existing items in a space to give it a fresh, new, designer look generally without having to buy a thing.
Our Lifestyle Organizers specialize in handling the personal, tangible property items during the process of settling an estate, as well as assisting the professionals, individuals, and families involved.
When a client finds us, or an attorney first refers a client to our Lifestyle Organizer, the person has usually just suffered a loss. Not only is this person handling the new, and many times unexpected, issues at hand, but they are doing so while grieving.
Everything seems harder and much more overwhelming in these circumstances. As a compassionate and experienced professional on your side in a complex and overwhelming process, a Lifestyle Organizer can be the perfect ally.
Lifestyle Organizers also offer hands-on, practical assistance in corralling the paper clutter that arises during the settling of an estate.
Our Lifestyle Organizers can assist the clients of estate planners and attorneys by:
☻Help clients find important paperwork that relates to their real estate, finances, wills, powers of attorney, and advance directive
☻Help them locate legal documents like birth, marriage, divorce, and death certificates or social security cards
☻Create an inventory of items that they want to leave behind for loved ones
☻Help them get valuable items appraised
☻Create a filing system to keep papers in order
☻Help them decide what papers can be kept, tossed, or shredded
☻Help them find uncashed checks or cash they’ve misplaced (it happens with almost every client!)
☻Organize their homes overall so that they can attain more peace in their lives
We especially love working with seniors and offer them compassionate, confidential, and affordable assistance that sometimes their own families cannot provide.
The human body and brain are extraordinarily strong. They can withstand more physical and mental pain than you could envision.
So, you have this naturally given survivor mechanism where you will always find a way and remedy but, no solution without external help.
We are often trapped in our own behavior patterns with unconscious approaches that have our lives running on autopilot.
To unveil new habits, ideas, and inspiration – a lifestyle coach can be valuable.
How do I know if coaching is right for me?
There are different views, perspectives, and outlooks and so are various coaching styles. If you’re struggling with a situation and finding it hard to have peace with that situation – ask yourself “is it the situation or the way I view the situation?” Simply asking yourself to look internally for thought, to be open to what could be, shows that coaching might be a good fit for you.
Am I worth the cost?
Making an investment in yourself and shifting your mindset will give you more benefits, along with insight than you can imagine.
*How much would you pay to create Peace of Mind?
*What are you willing to do to create a lifestyle that generates a feeling of love and support while spending time with what is most important to you?
*How much would it be worth to live in spaces that are functional, purposeful, and stylish?
There are so many advantages and opportunities for growth in weekly hands-on organizational coaching sessions, homework, worksheets, tools & resources, live workshops, and events like Mindful Walks, Wine & Redesign to name a few – along with a customized journey down the pathways to your new lifestyle.
A resourceful lifestyle coach will bring results much quicker, with less suffering towards your long-desired goals.
After 20+ years of organizing countless homes and working with hundreds of clients from around the country and world, I’ve discovered an undeniable fact: Organization is not a skill you’re born with . . .
Here’s what your child will learn . . .
First, they’re not a clutterbug, they just organize differently.
Discover your unique organizing style and how to redesign your space to stay organized for a long time.
Find out what motivates your UNIQUE style and how to overcome procrastination (putting things off) indecision (hard to decide) and fear of letting go of your stuff.
Download the many free printables to help get jumpstart your journey on a path from clutter-bug to clean. (coming soon)
Let’s take a walk down the 3 passages – let me tell you how the coaching works
Enable Passage – I walk alongside empowering your child with the exact proven strategy to begin the hard work of decluttering and clearing.
Encourage Passage- With every Decision made, your child becomes more invested to continue the process and see it through. They’ll become a ‘Decision Hero’. I will encourage your children to make decisions about their space & clutter.
Empower Passage- By coaching your child organizational skills at an early age, we can help them develop resilience, self-confidence, and self-leadership skills so they can handle the up and downs of growing up.
Here is just a small peek at our NEW coaching program . . . for kids. The launch of this program will be at the end of August 2022.