Use what you have decorating is easy and very economical and smart! The biggest thing holding us back is ourselves! We sometimes need to think out of the box a little and be willing to take a chance and learn something new.
2. First of all it is most important to know which things in your home will look great used in new and fresh ways and which items won’t. This will be different for each of us.
3. Here’s a rule of thumb from the Pros, the larger the item and the more of a focal point it is the harder it is to use if it is outdated or worn out. If it doesn’t fit into the style you’re after, get rid of it or move it to a new place where it can be centerstage.
4. Paint is my “magic” of choice when it comes to updating and refreshing decor in my home I want to give a new life to! A chair, clocks, a table, a pillow (yup!), legs of soft furnishings, curtains, buffets, garden stools, mirrors, coat racks, and more!
5. How about taking a piece of furniture or an accent from one room to another? I do this a lot! Especially with accent tables and chairs. I did this method with some lamps I have had for a while, my husband commented on the new lamps – I said “no, we have had them for over ten years, they’re just in a new HOME”.
Spruce up your home for free with these easy redesign ideas.
1. TURN A STOOL INTO A SIDE TABLE. – Repurpose a seat into a handy stand, perfect for pulling up alongside a sofa or easy chair. Try one on its own, or cluster a few (even varied heights work). And remember less is more!
2. CHANGE YOUR CHAIRS. – Matching dining sets can feel humdrum over time. Trade a couple of seats from the kitchen with ones in the dining room.
3. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OPEN SHELVES. – Pull out your pretty pitchers or patterned plates and arrange them to be admired.
4. REARRANGE LAMPS AND SHADES. – Swap a bedside lamp with one from your desk or the living room, or simply switch the shades for a different look.
5. REDO A WHOLE ROOM. – Play around with your furniture configuration—reposition a sofa, rotate a rug, or try dividing the room with an open-backed bookcase or storage unit.
6. THINK CREATIVELY. – Use a glass jar as a vase, group ottomans as a coffee table, or try a pretty basket to hold a plain planter.
7. RE-STYLE YOUR BOOKSHELF. – Since messy shelves can make an entire room look disorganized, pretty yours up.
9. BRING OUTDOOR FURNISHINGS INSIDE. – Wicker, wrought iron and decorative aluminum furniture can create a garden-, coastal-, beach- or cottage-themed space inside.
10. ARRANGE UNIQUE TABLESCAPES. – Design mini-vignettes on tables, mantels, or buffets with keepsakes, from china to figurines. “There’s no point in keeping interesting items if no one ever sees them.
Redesign is the art of using existing items in a space to give it a fresh, new, designer look generally without having to buy a thing.
If you’re looking for help with holistic clean & organize services, along with redesign in your spaces before your holiday guests arrive or after they leave give me a call to schedule a consultation to learn more about my unique concept of holistic cleaning and organizing method to bringing form and function to a space.
Great staging tips for the bathrooms when Home Staging your home to get the most profit from the sale.
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl
Would like to get help with Home Staging your home? If you’d like to schedule a 30+ minute consultation with me to learn how a Home Concierge / Stager can help you get the most profit from the sale of your home – Call me: (860)961.6824 or Email me: email@example.com.