Time-Management Tips for Time-Crunched Working Moms
What to do when motherhood eats your minutes? Use these hacks to take the fine art of doing more with less time to the next level.
- Get enough sleep. If you do nothing else, prioritize your sleep needs so you can thrive.
- Establish sane work hours. Before you commit to taking a new role, validate the alignment of expectations for your work hours with your employer.
- Embrace your power of “No.” You don’t have to attend every PTA meeting, chaperone every field trips or take on every work project.
- Set reachable daily goals. A to-do list is useless if it’s too ambitious. What’s the point of writing down unachievable tasks? You’re not a superhero and shouldn’t try to be.
- Don’t even try to multitask. People perform better when they give focused attention to one task at hand.
- Let go of perfection. It doesn’t exist, therefore you can’t achieve it.
- Unplug from the internet. Surfing the web is a huge time-waster for parents and children.
- Have some fun along the way. Stressed-out people aren’t all that productive. You need relaxation to avoid burnout at home and at work.
- Get PRESENT, so you can be productive. Mindfulness allows you to tune into the task at hand. Practices like yoga or meditation can help you focus, and focus drives your productivity.
- Stop owning other people’s stuff. How often do you hear yourself saying, “Never mind, I’ll do it myself”? Probably more than you’d like. Repeat after me – DELEGATE, yes commission the job to someone else to give you peace of mind.
Are you looking to gain more time in your life? Comment me @ firstname.lastname@example.org. We can talk about what the next step will be if you already made the first step. I’m so proud of you.
Like me here – Facebook – homeconciergeandorganizer
20% off First Concierge Service Booked – Offer good until 12/31/19
Peace Harmony & Live life!