How Colors Affect Us
- Color is one of the languages of the soul, just look at inspirational or meditative paintings.
- They influence our mood and emotions (how do you feel while sitting in a black room?)
- They have an impact on our sense of well-being or uneasiness.
- Using and avoiding certain colors is a way of self-expression (it sheds light on our personality).
- Colors affect our way of perception (light colors make space look big, a high ceiling looks less high when painted in a dark color, etc.)
- Colors have a symbolic meaning which is immediately recognized by our subconsciousness. (It must be said that not all colors mean the same to all persons and all cultures).
- They influence the flow and amount of energy in our bodies.
- Colors tell something about biological attraction and sexual availability.
It has been known for years that color plays a major role in setting up a particular mood or state of mind. Color does affect one’s feelings, moods, and emotions.
Lastly, let me say how much I love using the VISUALIZER on the Sherwin-Williams website. The design software lets you view the rooms in daytime & nighttime. In the past, I have used color therapy on the walls in my space and did not like the finished project in the night time hours!!!!
Peace Harmony & Happy Coloring!