Oprah’s Book Club, has chosen a new book for her reading list ~
I have been reading Glennons’ blog for a while. She writes with such deep-cut honesty, she puts herself out there for all to tear apart, take away, and use what they need or what they need to hear for the first time in their lives!
I am so happy for Glennon and I’m in awe in her bravery, to bring this book to life – The book that Oprah has chosen is:
Glennon has made this statement before in her blogs – “Rock bottom is the best place on Earth – It’s a place of new beginnings” – I couldn’t agree more, I have been at rock bottom many times in my life, and it has been a place where I have found clarity … and the strength to tie a knot and hang on!
I cannot wait to dive into this book – I will be posting other books in the coming months to add to your reading list. If you have a favorite inspiring book, and would like to share it here or find me on social media, I would love to hear from you.
Peace & Harmony, Cheryl
You decided to put your home on the market – You don’t have thousands of dollars to spend.
The good news, there are several things you can do to spruce up your house without spending a ton of money!
First impressions – You only have a few seconds to make a great impression. Let it start before they even walk in the front door. Creating curb appeal is the key for getting potential buyers not to just drive by, but want to step inside.
Simply Curb Appeal Tips:
- Cut the grass
- Trim the bushes
- Get rid of debris and dead branches
- Plant some flowers
- Replace the mailbox
- Paint the front door
- New door mats
- Wash the siding or stucco
There is no rule about how much you should expect to spend getting your home ready to sell, but investing a few thousand dollars can potentially increase your sale price – not to mention selling your house quickly!
Here are a few more frugal ways to stage your home for sale:
- Remove all clutter– clear out clutter, personal photos, knick-knacks that look dated and all junk. Clearing out clutter creates more space – it makes your home look bigger and younger.
- Clean, Clean, Clean – get rid of all cobwebs, wash all windows, scrub all tile grout, clean and polish furniture that will be used to stage the home. A little ‘elbow grease’ goes a long way!
- Edit your furniture – If your rooms are crowded with large and unattractive furniture, put it in storage. Remember you want to create space by making the house look bigger and younger!
- Paint – In some cases, you would be wise to paint both the inside and outside of the home, use neutral colors. if your kitchen cabinets look old and dated, paint them!
- Clean or replace light fixtures and cabinet hardware – This small, inexpensive task adds so much appeal and value to a room!
- If you can afford it, replace old carpeting – The worst, is when you go into a home for a showing and you can smell some funky odor, and most of the time it comes from the old carpeting. If your home has hardwood floors underneath – let them shine, by refinishing them.
- Don’t forget the small stuff – New matching towels, accent pillows and throws, fresh flowers throughout the home.
- Make sure every room has Function & Purpose!
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl