I found these black mirrors for $3.00 each at a local store, Surplus Unlimited in Norwich CT – I find all kinds of cool, different, funky decor stuff in this store, here is the link -> http://surplusunlimitedstore.com/ check it out!
I used FolkArt Metallic Cooper Acrylic Paint from Micheal’s Craft Store, here is the link -> http://www.michaels.com/ – The paint is fool-proof, you can’t mess it up! I only painted the top of the mirrors, I left the sides of the mirrors black to accent the black wrought iron head board I have in the bedroom.
So, for about $6.00 and an hour of work, I transformed two pieces of decor to update the design in my bedroom – money well spent!
Well, I’m not done yet … so back to work – I will post pics of my next D*I*Y project.
What projects are you working on? Please share in the comments below.
Peace & Harmony, Cheryl
You decided to put your home on the market – You don’t have thousands of dollars to spend.
The good news, there are several things you can do to spruce up your house without spending a ton of money!
First impressions – You only have a few seconds to make a great impression. Let it start before they even walk in the front door. Creating curb appeal is the key for getting potential buyers not to just drive by, but want to step inside.
Simply Curb Appeal Tips:
- Cut the grass
- Trim the bushes
- Get rid of debris and dead branches
- Plant some flowers
- Replace the mailbox
- Paint the front door
- New door mats
- Wash the siding or stucco
There is no rule about how much you should expect to spend getting your home ready to sell, but investing a few thousand dollars can potentially increase your sale price – not to mention selling your house quickly!
Here are a few more frugal ways to stage your home for sale:
- Remove all clutter– clear out clutter, personal photos, knick-knacks that look dated and all junk. Clearing out clutter creates more space – it makes your home look bigger and younger.
- Clean, Clean, Clean – get rid of all cobwebs, wash all windows, scrub all tile grout, clean and polish furniture that will be used to stage the home. A little ‘elbow grease’ goes a long way!
- Edit your furniture – If your rooms are crowded with large and unattractive furniture, put it in storage. Remember you want to create space by making the house look bigger and younger!
- Paint – In some cases, you would be wise to paint both the inside and outside of the home, use neutral colors. if your kitchen cabinets look old and dated, paint them!
- Clean or replace light fixtures and cabinet hardware – This small, inexpensive task adds so much appeal and value to a room!
- If you can afford it, replace old carpeting – The worst, is when you go into a home for a showing and you can smell some funky odor, and most of the time it comes from the old carpeting. If your home has hardwood floors underneath – let them shine, by refinishing them.
- Don’t forget the small stuff – New matching towels, accent pillows and throws, fresh flowers throughout the home.
- Make sure every room has Function & Purpose!
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl
How Much Money Can A Organizer Help You Save?
Hey, you know you are wasting money every time you buy duplicates and triplicates of the same items you can’t find – beauty products, clothing, food, kitchen tools, sports gear … it’s an endless list. Not to mention, the late fees that are paid when the bills are late!
Surprising Stats of Being Disorganized
- 80% of what we keep we never use (napo.net)
- Getting rid of clutter eliminates 40% of house work (napo.net)
- Typical executive wastes 150 hours a year searching for lost information. Someone earning $50,000 a year – this loss is equivalent to $3,842 annually. (forbes.com)
Your needs are unique, so each organizing project is personalized to help you be most efficient in your space.
Benefits of Being Organized
- Reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed
- Achieve more in less time
- Reduce your stress level
- Gain energy and calm from your space
Are you ready to save money and time? I am looking for clients that are motivated to saving money, saving time and transform their lives with organization.
Ready? Call me, pick up the phone dial 860.961.6824 or walk over to your computer, send an email to me at email@example.com.
Peace & Harmony~
P.S. I saved myself 2.5 hours today, because I WAS NOT looking for lost documents!
My husband is from Sao Paulo, Brasil – It has been 20 years since I have been there, I can tell you it is still with me!
The music, The people, The culture, The arts, is so infectious that it gets into your soul and won’t leave you alone – at least this has happened to me.
I know today, with the Rio 2016 Olympics ending there will be a lot of people leaving Brasil, I am sure a good majority of them will be back!
I found this video a couple of months on you tube, I want to share it today – it shows the true diversity of the city ~ Enjoy….
Peace & Harmony, Cheryl
What you will learn:
- What buyers are looking for
- What to keep and what to pack
- Furniture placement and accessory arrangement
- Tips for closet organization
- Wall color recommendations (if required and time allows)
- Recommended cosmetic repairs and updates
Save time and money! Do it yourself with clear, easy-to-follow guidance from a professional!
If you are ready to take action – call or email Envision-Designs
(860)961-6824 or firstname.lastname@example.org