Chocolate Toffee “Crack”
“Christmas Crack” SHHHhhhh . . .
Chocolate Toffee “Crack” (The BEST dessert idea for a party!)
A.K.A. “Christmas Crack”. This quick and easy recipe is a classic that never gets old. Just as the name implies, it’s absolutely addicting! I make it every year for holiday parties and it’s always a hit. It’s made with just 4 ingredients! Then top it with the candy of your choice to fit the season or occasion (M&Ms, candy corn, toffee bits, peppermint, nuts, sprinkles, candy eyes, etc.)
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers (about 16 crackers) (I use the square Town House Crackers – only because they fit better in my pan!)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- candy of choice for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with Ritz crackers. It doesn’t have to be pretty! Just fit them in there in a single layer as best you can.
- Combine the brown sugar and butter in a pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes WITHOUT stirring.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the Ritz crackers in your pan. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly over the crackers. Bake for 5 minutes to thicken and set the caramel.
- Remove from the oven, and then sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place the pan back in the oven for about 2 minutes or until he chocolate is soft enough to spread.
- Immediately spread the melted chocolate chips with a spatula so that you have a nice even layer.
- Top with the candy of your choice (optional). My favorite is crushed peppermint candy! You can also try topping it with M&Ms, nuts, sprinkles, etc.
- Let it cool for several hours before removing it from the pan and breaking it apart, otherwise it’s a bit of a mess! I couldn’t wait to dig in this time and the chocolate was still runny. Feel free to place it in the fridge for a bit if you need to speed up the process.
Enjoy . . . Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl
Pumpkin Ricotta lasagna
Recipe by Lori Hirsch Stokoe – Found On: glutenfreeliving.com
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves, chopped, plus more whole leaves for garnish
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 15 ounces ricotta
- 10 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Béchamel Sauce aka White Sauce
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 2½ cup milk, warmed
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, prepare the Pumpkin Ricotta Mixture: Fry the sage in butter until crisp. Remove to paper towel. Then combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Next, make the Béchamel Sauce aka White Sauce: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to cook the flour, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the milk and continue to stir. Bring to barely a boil then immediately turn down the heat. Cook, whisking until thickened for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Spread ½ cup of the White Sauce over the bottom of a greased 8-inch-square (2-quart) baking dish. Place 2 sheets of no-boil lasagna noodles atop the sauce in a single layer.
- Top lasagna noodles with a third of the ricotta mixture. Layer with a quarter of the mozzarella. Then top with a third of the remaining White Sauce. Top sauce with 2 more sheets of lasagna noodles to build the second and third layers the same way.
- For the top layer, place last 2 sheets of lasagna over the White Sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 375° F for 35 minutes, covered with foil. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes, until the lasagna is bubbling hot and the top is browning. Remove from the oven and let sit at least 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fried whole sage leaves.
https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/ – I live on this website!
I live gluten-free, I am a #Hashi (Hashimoto autoimmune disease) I was diagnosed in 2014 – I have been living gluten-free since then. I went from a size 16 to size 6 / 200 Lbs to 130Lbs – My overall physical and mental health taking a more positive turnaround is priceless. If you would like help to start living a gluten-free life, contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will try to answer any questions you may have or I will find the answer.
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl
Have fun – get the kiddos involved!
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl
Okay . . . okay don’t get mad at me – I’m not thinking pumpkin spice yet either!
But, I am thinking ~Fall Cleaning~
I am booking Fall Cleaning session right now, I also have some limited offer going on too. If you are looking to get the house ready for the upcoming holidays – Please reach out to me to schedule your fall cleaning session.
If there is anything I can do to help you get some function, efficiency, less stress in your life – please reach out to me.
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl