15 Tips for reducing stress and promoting health for family and friends who providing the caregiving:
- Take a break from caregiving.
- Make a date to go to the movies, take a walk, meet a friend for lunch. Everyone needs to get out of the house once in a while.
- Do something not related to caregiving.
- Get support. Attend a support group, have a friend you can call just to let off steam and complain.
- Depression is treatable. Talk to your doctor about it. Or seek counseling.
- Practice communication and behavior management skills if you are caring for someone with dementia.
- Relax. Read a book, meditate, pray, garden, knit, get a massage, take a long bath.
- Take care of your health. Go to the doctor, get routine exams and flu shots, get enough sleep and eat your fruits and vegetables.
- Change “guilt” to “regret.” Guilt means you did something wrong, regret is that you are in a difficult situation and sometimes you have to make difficult decisions, but they are not wrong.
- Forgive yourself — often.
- You cannot be a perfect caregiver, all day, every day.
- Laugh. Find ways to keep your sense of humor by sharing a silly story with a friend, watching a funny show or movie, or join a group to try laughter yoga exercises.
- Exercise. Walk around the neighborhood. Or even better, recruit a friend to walk with you.
- Sign up for an online or in-person yoga class. Join a Zumba class or line dancing class.
- Ask for and accept help when offered.
- No one can do this alone.
Isn’t it time you finally enjoyed life and let someone else handle the rest?
Today’s lifestyles are far too hectic to get everything done yourself. The idea of being a superhero adult is simply a fantasy. The reality is you work hard for what you have, and your free time should be spent recharging your batteries and enjoying your life. That’s where CC Home Concierge Co. comes in.
A concierge is much more than simply an assistant person. It’s someone who is a home manager, home organizer and an organizer of time, a person who fully understands that you work hard and has very little time to take care of all the non-priority tasks that take over your To-Do lists.
CCHC services are personalized to your specific requirements, and ultimately end up saving you both time and money.
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl