8 Simple Secrets to planning an Awesome Holiday Office Party
If the thought of planning the holiday office party has you hoping that the Grinch DOES steal Christmas – Just hang on, I can help you out along with taking away all the stress of planning.
- Get Organized – Recruit a couple of Elves (your teammates) No one should do it all on own! You can create a list of tasks and then delegate to your Elves (teammates)..
- Get Ideas – First, you need to get ideas for the party from the employees. There are two ways I have done this, that’s by setting up an online questionnaire, I use Survey Monkey . The setup is easy, but since you are delegating task this is a good one to give to your Tech Department Elves. The other way of collecting ideas is a simple Suggestion Box (they still are the best)!
- Choose a Theme – After, you have collected all the ideas, now choose a theme for the party. If you usually are partying around all your daily equipment-desks, computers,xerox machine, it’s kind of hard to get into the Festive Holiday Spirit. Think of unique and different options – Here is a short list of suggestions: Art Galleries, Museums, Wineries, Country Inns, Community Barns are fun, you can create a New England Christmas in Connecticut feeling!
- Donation Area – Tis’ The Season For Giving. Employees love to give – set up an area for your employees to bring a non-perishable food and/or Toy. Choose 2 charities, arrange to have items picked up the night of the party by a certain time. Announce that the items need to be in the boxes by 7:30 pm for example. What a great way to spread some Holiday Spirit and Magic!
- Hire Music – Hire a live local band that you know does a Unique Christmas Repertoire or hire a DJ that will keep the party in a positive party vibes.
- Make it Night-Time – Make the party an evening event, this way the employees can invite a guest, their spouse, or family.
- Designated Driver – Set up with Uber night of party, if anyone needs a ride home (paid for or discount) or with your Employees, create a designated driver program, they can earn merchandise or money.
- Give Real Gifts – As a meeting service concierge I have cleaned up after many of company Christmas parties – I had observed my first year that employees would leave behind the box or bag with the certificate and card. You know, the one you have to go online and order your gift for a certain value. I have seen employees leave certificates worth $1000 and over. They want the Real Stuff – The gift they can take home and share with their family.The gift that when they look at it makes them feel good that their management took the time to think of them.
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl
Contact me to learn more about holistic Clean & Organize concept