Pumpkin Ricotta lasagna
Recipe by Lori Hirsch Stokoe – Found On: glutenfreeliving.com
- First, prepare the Pumpkin Ricotta Mixture: Fry the sage in butter until crisp. Remove to paper towel. Then combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Next, make the Béchamel Sauce aka White Sauce: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to cook the flour, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the milk and continue to stir. Bring to barely a boil then immediately turn down the heat. Cook, whisking until thickened for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Spread ½ cup of the White Sauce over the bottom of a greased 8-inch-square (2-quart) baking dish. Place 2 sheets of no-boil lasagna noodles atop the sauce in a single layer.
- Top lasagna noodles with a third of the ricotta mixture. Layer with a quarter of the mozzarella. Then top with a third of the remaining White Sauce. Top sauce with 2 more sheets of lasagna noodles to build the second and third layers the same way.
- For the top layer, place last 2 sheets of lasagna over the White Sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 375° F for 35 minutes, covered with foil. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes, until the lasagna is bubbling hot and the top is browning. Remove from the oven and let sit at least 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fried whole sage leaves.
https://www.glutenfreeliving.com/ – I live on this website!
I live gluten-free, I am a #Hashi (Hashimoto autoimmune disease) I was diagnosed in 2014 – I have been living gluten-free since then. I went from a size 16 to size 6 / 200 Lbs to 130Lbs – My overall physical and mental health taking a more positive turnaround is priceless. If you would like help to start living a gluten-free life, contact me via email (email@example.com) and I will try to answer any questions you may have or I will find the answer.
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl