How hungry are you?
Do you ever put off your dreams? Do you tell yourself it’s not the right time or moment, you always saying next month, next year. If you want to stay hungry – you have got to fight to keep your dream alive. If left unfulfilled and not nourished that hunger – that desire – that passion will fade over time. Keep Your Dream Alive ~ Its your Time!
Here are 5 ways I keep in the fight of Living My Own Dream:
- Write down your dreams. I personally reread them to myself after writing them down so I can hear my own voice speaking the words – this way when someone speaks those same words to me the first time I will not be surprised or shocked I heard them before. I lived this moment before in my mind.
- Spend just 5 minutes a day on it. I commit to small actions daily – at times my actions are microscopic (a speck but its a speck that was not there previously), you’ll find yourself pushing harder to make time for your dream.
- You must give up something so you can spend time with your dream. Here’s a powerful formula to use when you NEED to make time for your dream – “I wish I could, but I really have to __________________________.” There is not a plethora of items that would take presence over your dream – this is a tool that has helped me to be disciplined with my time.
- Have your friends and family support you and keep you focused. At times its challenging to keep yourself motivated. I have support with my online group of like-minded dreamers, networking groups that offer feedback and suggestions. My husband and I communicate daily about my progress, I appreciate his feedback and great advice. Their support helps keep me motivated toward living my dream.
- Visualize yourself living it. I personally have used visualization since 1995. I visualize each of my steps toward my dream. I imagine how moments are going to feel, my thoughts at the moment, my personality at the moment I even visualize what I am wearing. This process slowly changes me, over the years I have become more assertive. When a situation comes up – in my mind I have already lived it, I just now need to enjoy the moment with confidence not fear. Stay hungry!
“What is not started today is never finished tomorrow” ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl
Tell me how your dream is going