When you first decide to work with a Professional Organizer, you need to do some work to find a PO that is a good fit for you and your style. Consider these Pointers:
- Be specific about your wish list – are you looking for one or two zones in your home or office to get organized? Do you want to start with a certain area of the home? Do you want to have the whole home organized or just the areas that are bothersome at the moment?
- Budget Accordingly – expect to pay anywhere from $36 to $90 an hour depending on your location. As you can see it is an investment in your life . . . but well worth it in the end.
- Decide how you want to be involved? – Do you want the PO to simply come in and come up with a plan to execute or would you like the PO to coach you throughout your organizing journey?
- Consider your daily schedule – Working with a PO takes approximately 4-5 hour sessions at a time, making sure you have the time to work with the PO is crucial in getting your home organized. It takes a commitment not only from the PO to get your home in an efficient and functional position – but a commitment from you!
- Prepare for “Homework” – Small tasks to road-test the techniques put in place is important. You or your PO does not want you wasting your time and money on an organizational system that is not working for you or your family lifestyle.
- Consultation – The consultation is where you want to have answers for the questions above – it will streamline the organizational process that is needed for your space. The consultation is where your PO will want to build a rapport with you to see if she/he is the best fit for your style and personality. I always ask my prospective clients NOT to go through the home and try to organize before I show up, I need to get a truthful, honest look at the home – to see what is working and what is not working.
If you are thinking of working with a Professional Organizer – Please consider reaching out to me. I am always happy to give a 45-minute free consultation.
Find me here:
Peace & Harmony ~ Cheryl