Hosting a Clothing Swap
Clear the Clutter and Upgrade your Closet!
- Include friends of all sizes & shapes.
- Host your swap at the end of the season – use Evite or Facebook invitation (save some trees).
- Note the minimum or maximum number of items each person should bring.
- Only items in good condition.
- Add accessories to the mix (handbags, scarves, shoes, belts) gently worn – this will ensure that everyone can find something.
- Designate one room for changing – have at least 2 full-length mirrors.
- Ask friends to throw everything in the dryer (handbags & shoes too) on high heat for 10 to 20 minutes – State on invite: if your items have already went through the dry cleaning process – skip this step.
- Find a local charity that will take the overflow – (Dress for Success, Goodwill)
- Have plenty of Wine, food and music, and you will get plenty of laughs, good time and your friends go home with a new outfit ….. Priceless!
- I wanted to add this – if you are friendly with your children’s teacher(s), please invite them, they are always looking for items for their classroom. Especially, if you have preschooler, the teachers are looking for clothing for Dramatic Play area, or an Art teacher – looking for shirts as smocks when creating, Dramatic teacher that puts on plays at the school, School Nurses to have extra clothes on-hand. These professionals struggle to get items for their students, and this is a good way to help!
Enjoy and Have fun!
Peace & Harmony, Cheryl