I have created a list of projects you need to get started before you can list your home, these projects would take a weekend or two to complete, these items are a great start to maximize what you have, so that it appeals to buyers. Successful home staging must make financial sense and I am experienced and trained in making the most out of your current belongings in order to turn buyer traffic into offers.
- Fill nail holes – Start in one room, I would start upstairs if you live in a two-story, working yourself Left to Right in every room. Take all art work and pictures off the walls – lay them out in another room – inventory what you will keep for staging and pack the rest. Fill the nail holes, put on a fresh coat of paint (cheaper than a price reduction).
- White trim? Start by cleaning it, then a fresh coat of paint to make the room look brighter.
- Rebirth Radiators – Sand them first or use a wire brush to remove grime, dust, loose and scaling paint. Then apply an oil-based primer, next paint with oil-base paint.
- Grout – Use a grout cleaner on shower walls and floors – purchase a mini grout brush, mix a half & half solution of vinegar and warm water (as a former housekeeper, I used for 20 years) with some ‘elbow grease’. For more stubborn stains make a paste of baking soda, water – apply to grout, then spray with half & half solution.
- Shower head build-up- Fill a plastic container with enough vinegar to cover it, minimal build up – soak for 30 minutes – severe build up – soak overnight. If too gross, replace it!
- Check all caulk – It tends to wear out after years of cleaning and discolors with age. Reapply the caulk for the low cost of about $5.00.
- Clean all windows – Both indoor and outdoor – in addition to cleaning the windows, run a vacuum over the screens and curtains. Dust all blinds.
- Make sure all your kitchen cabinet knobs are tight, cabinet doors close properly. You might want to change your knobs to add appeal.
- Dust both the ceiling and all of those ceiling lights, make them dust & cob-web free!
- Clean all appliances – inside & out
Fixing your home – one room at a time, is like finding the ‘heart beat’ of the house! I cleaned homes for over 20 years, I can tell you – each home has it’s own heart beat – that is why you can walk into some houses, and say “I just feel so at home here” and there are homes, when you walk in and say “I need to leave here”…. it’s the heart beat! If you need help finding yours – please reach out to me at Envision-Designs – text or call 860.961.6824
Peace & Harmony …. Cheryl